The ASSIST-IoT Open Call webinar, conducted by the ASSIST-IoT team on 11 February presented the current funding opportunity with €420,000 reserved for researchers and innovators from SMEs, RTOs and Universities willing to provide added value to the pilots of the project while validating its technical outcomes. Eligibility criteria, evaluation details and the submission procedure were explained.
A lively Q&A session rounded up the webinar with those eager to apply to clarify key points. The call is open until 28 February but it is strongly recommended to get in touch as soon as possible to ensure the criteria are satisfactory.
Watch the webinar here:
- Design, implementation and integration of interoperable device layer components, based on different low-level communication standards or on ad-hoc proprietary device solutions.
- Design, implementation and integration of interoperable networking layer components, based on different standards higher-level communication standards or on ad-hoc proprietary networking solutions.
- Design, implementation and integration of interoperable middleware layer components. These need to deal with the different middleware services such as discovery, management, querying, coordination and interaction.
- Design, implementation and integration of interoperable application service components. These should exploit major standards and be integrated with ASSIST-IoT API.
- Design, implementation and integration of interoperable data and semantics components. Specifically semantics layer components have to deal with heterogeneous IoT ontology matching.
- Design, implementation and integration of virtualization mechanism for smart objects, including context aware mechanisms and transfer of virtual objects between servers and cloud platforms.
- Design, implementation and integration of fog/edge/cloud support mechanisms, including support for different services, inter cloud mechanisms applied to IoT and support for virtualization.
- Design, implementation and integration of AI/ML libraries and tools to be integrated
The open calls will be addressed to (specially) SMEs and startups, research and academia entities and innovators to provide new services/devices/innovations in the scope of one of the three pilots of the project. Participants must select one of the three pilots in ordert to perform the validation of ASSIST-IoT technologies and development. The third parties must show how their contribution to enlarging the ASSIST-IoT ecosystems as indicated in the evaluation criteria.
Validation and improvement of technical components of the architecture.
Take up of ASSIST-IoT by application developers, domain experts and entrepreneurs to create new applications and services.
Pushing ASSIST-IoT technology and service visibility on the market.
Supporting an innovative, dynamic and industry open ecosystem around ASSIST-IoT results.
Gathering new market relevant inputs ASSIST-IoT components and finding industry experts to improve technical capabilities as well as filling possible missing functions, needed adoptions or modifications.
The call will be addressed to individual European SME, Universities and Research Centres that can contribute to the ASSIST-IoT paradigm. Only single participants accepted.
More information on the open call.