ASSIST-IoT has officially announced the start of the 1st Open Call!
The ASSIST-IoT project has reserved part of the project budget to fund specific activities in order to enhance and improve IoT features and applications and boost the NGIoT community across Europe. Third parties are expected to come along and carry out relevant actions during the project’s life cycle.
These later-joining entities will be selected by means of two competitive Open Calls (Open Call #1 starting at 1st of November 2021 and Open Call #2 starting at 1st July 2022) which will be dedicated to integration and validation of the proposals within any of the ASSIST-IoT three pilots.
ASSIST-IoT 1st Open Call goals
- Validation and improvement of technical components of the architecture.
- Take up of ASSIST-IoT by application developers, domain experts and entrepreneurs to create new applications and services.
- Pushing ASSIST-IoT technology and service visibility on the market.
- Supporting an innovative, dynamic and industry open ecosystem around ASSIST-IoT results.
- Gathering new market-relevant inputs ASSIST-IoT components and finding industry experts to improve technical capabilities as well as filling possible missing functions, needed adoptions or modifications.
For more information on the open call see the ASSIST-IoT website here.
ASSIST-IoT has produced a series of journal papers and technical reports on about Architecture for Scalable, Self-*, human-centric, Intelligent, Secure, and Tactile next generation IoT.
- Patryk Zradziński, Jolanta Karpowicz, Krzysztof Gryz, Grzegorz Owczarek and Victoria Ramos, Modelling and Evaluation of the Absorption of the 866 MHz Electromagnetic Field in Humans Exposed near to Fixed I-RFID Readers Used in Medical RTLS or to Monitor PPE, Sensors 2021, Vol.21(12), pp.4251; https://doi.org/10.3390/s21124251
- Óscar López, Jordi Blasi, Mikel Uriarte, Ignacio Lacalle, Gonzalo Galiana, Carlos E. Palau, Eduardo Garro, Maria Ganzha, Marcin Paprzycki, Piotr Lewandowski, Katarzyna Wasielewska, Konstantinos Votis, Georgios Stavropoulos, Iordanis Papoutsoglou, DevSecOps Methodology for NG-IoT Ecosystem Development Lifecycle – ASSIST-IoT perspective, Journal of Computer Science and Cybernetics (https://vjs.ac.vn/index.php/jcc/index); https://doi.org/10.15625/1813-9663/37/3/16245
Technical reports and Conference-Workshop papers
- Technical Report #1: César López, Ignacio Lacalle, Andreu Belsa, Zbigniew Kopertowski, Carlos E.Palau, Manuel Esteve, “Reviewing SDN adoption strategies for Next Generation Internet of Things networks” (PDF). Submitted to: SSIC-2021: 3rd International Conference on Smart Systems: Innovations in Computing – DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-2877-1_57
- Technical Report #2: Piotr Niedziela, Anastasiya Danilenka, Dominik Kolasa, Maria Ganzha, Marcin Paprzycki, Kumar Nalinaksh, “Sunday-FL – Developing Open Source Platform for Federated Learning” (PDF). Submitted to: 2021 Emerging Trends in Industry 4.0 (ETI 4.0)
- Technical Report #3: Ignacio Lacalle, Cesar Lopez, Rafael Vano, Carlos E. Palau, Manuel Esteve, Maria Ganzha, Marcin Paprzycki, Pawel Szmeja, “Tactile Internet in Internet of Things Ecosystems” (PDF). Submitted to: International Conference on Paradigms of Communication, Computing and Data Sciences (PCCDS 2021)
- Technical Report #4: Kumar Nalinaksh, Piotr Lewandowski, Maria Ganzha, Marcin Paprzycki, Wiesław Pawłowski, and Katarzyna Wasielewska-Michniewska, “Implementing autonomic Internet of Things ecosystems – practical considerations” (PDF). Submitted to: 16th International Conference on Parallel Computing Technologies (PaCT-2021) – Online proceedings: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-86359-3_32and DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-86359-3_32
- Technical Report #5: Óscar López, Jordi Blasi, Mikel Uriarte, Ignacio Lacalle, Gonzalo Galiana, Carlos E. Palau, Eduardo Garro, Maria Ganzha, Marcin Paprzycki, Piotr Lewandowski, Katarzyna Wasielewska, Konstantinos Votis, Georgios Stavropoulos, Iordanis Papoutsoglou, “DevSecOps Methodology for NG-IoT Ecosystem Development Lifecycle – ASSIST-IoT perspective” (PDF). Submitted to: Journal of Computer Science and Cybernetics
- Technical Report #6: Carlos Guardiola, Christian Vigild, Frederik De Smet, Klaus Schusteritz, “From OBD to Connected Diagnostics: A Game Changer at Fleet, Vehicle and Component Level”(PDF). Submitted to: 6th IFAC Conference on Engine and Powertrain Control, Simulation and Modeling (E-COSM 2021)
Journal Special Issues – Call for Papers
- MDPI Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks (JSAN), ASSIST-IoT Special Issue “Recent Advances and Tactile Internet of Things” (ISSN 2224-2708). Call for papers deadline: 28 February 2022. More info: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/jsan/special_issues/TIoT