Europe is leading the way to ensure the development and adoption of trusted and sustainable IoT that, in combination with other advanced technologies, can drive the digital and green transformation of our society and economy, across areas such as manufacturing, energy, agriculture, smart cities, mobility, retail and health care.
At IoT Week 2022, several sessions will present the European Research and Innovation for the Cloud, Edge & IoT Continuum:
- EU-IoT: The NGIoT Initiative: In this session, with the presence of Rolf Riemenschneider, Head of Sector, “Internet of Things” Unit, DG CONNECT at the European Commission the future European roadmap for research and innovation will be presented to provide an overview of the key themes, topics and trends facing the future of IoT. The session will look at the main levers and drivers of adoption, emerging technology trends, and the critical gaps for scaling industrial investment. This session takes place on 21 June, from 1:45 pm.
Advancing at the Edge of Convergence – Future Trends, Challenges and Standards with the Next Generation Internet of Things (NGIoT): This session will feature the IoT projects and demonstrate use cases of IoT in the domains of Energy, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Automotive and Small Ports. The session will also feature the results and upcoming opportunities of the projects’ open calls. This session takes place om 23 June, from 9:00 am.
Meta Operating Systems workshops at IoT Week
The call topic “Future European platforms for the Edge: Meta Operating Systems” is also part of the IoT Week 2022. Meta-OS projects are expected to innovate by exploiting network functions such as cloud/fog communication with substantial integration of 5G features and network virtualisation.
- Future European platforms for the IoT and Edge: Meta Operating Systems: Horizon Europe Cluster 4 projects are launched to strengthen European supply and value chains in cloud to edge computing by integrating relevant elements of computing, connectivity, IoT, AI and cybersecurity. Selected projects will exploit new computing and virtualisation paradigms, building on established cloud concepts and targeting down-scaling application-agnostic computing principles to a novel edge infrastructure. Central to many approaches is the objective to include edge virtualisation by applying containers process that delivers service and applications to the edge computing of the network. This session takes place on 22 June, from 5:15 pm.
The speakers in this session are:
- Max Lemke, European Commission, Head of Unit for Internet of Things in Directorate General CONNECT
- Aitor Corchero, Eurecat
- Ignacio Lacalle Ubeda, UPV Universitat Politècnica de València, Researcher
- Anastasios Zafeiropoulos, National Technical University of Athens(NTUA)/Institute of Communication and Computer Systems(ICCS), Postdoc Researcher
- Marc-Elian Bégin, SixSq CEO & Co-founder
- Theodore Zahariadis, Synelixis Solutions CTO
- Federico M. Facca, Martel Innovate, Chief Technology Officer, Head of Martel Lab
- Richard Stevens, European Government Consulting, Associate Vice President, IDC4EU
- Gael Blondelle, Eclipse Foundation, Vice President, Ecosystem Development