Nowadays, different domains and industries in Europe are undertaking their journey of digital transformation. Scaling up digital ecosystems requires digital platforms to deliver scale and speed, as well as federate data from connected products, assets, people, and processes. In fact, industrial ecosystems need an orchestrator for the ecosystem to integrate several players and parts of the ecosystem and digital platforms, act as an orchestrator for ecosystems.
However, the uptake of digital transformation through platforms depends also on the digital readiness and maturity of the demand market. EU Industries’ adoption of advanced technologies varies, as does their propensity to enable innovation through factors such as skills, leadership and mindset.
This event aims at providing an overview of digital maturity of key domains in Europe including manufacturing, energy, healthcare and agrifood through presenting the analysis conducted by IDC for the European Commission. This could support the supply market (including digital platforms providers) to have a concrete overview of the target market in terms of digital readiness to uptake the platforms.
The event will be organized in a format of a webinar and an interactive workshop. During the first part, IDC will present the main findings regarding advanced technologies uptake in Europe and Digital maturity index of key domains. In the second part, an interactive session will be run with the participants to discuss and raise the most important topics in this regard.
- 10:00 – 10:10: Introduction – Giorgio Micheletti, Golboo Pourabdollahian, IDC
- 10.10 – 10.20: Advanced technologies and digital platforms – Giorgio Micheletti, IDC
- 10.20 – 10.50: Digital Maturity index across key domains in Europe, Digital technologies trends and adoption in Europe – Andrea Siviero, Luca Butiniello, IDC
- 10.50 – 11.00: Main uptake barriers of digital platforms – Golboo Pourabdollahian, IDC
- 11.00 – 11.25: Interactive session and Q&A
- 11.25 – 11.30: Wrap-up and Final takeaways: Giorgio Micheletti, Golboo Pourabdollahian, IDC