- This event has passed.
Enabling the Tactile Internet with IoT
July 8, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
EU-IoT in collaboration with H2020 ICT-56 IoT projects is organising its second training workshops on IoT and the Tactile Internet titled: “Enabling the Tactile Internet with IoT”. The workshop will present IoT’s potential in enabling tactile internet applications that break time & space boundaries, leveraging on technologies like Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality.
The EU-IoT training workshops aim at presenting at presenting innovative IoT technologies and how they shape future internet applications and business models. Presentations are tutorial in nature and explain niche topics. In this context, the first workshop focused on edge machine learning and AIoT at the edge.
12:00 – 12:05
- Introduction to the Topic and the Workshop
John Soldatos, INTRASOFT, EU-IoT Project
12:05 – 12:30
- AR enterprise applications powered by XR streaming
Luis Bollinger, Holo-Light, Gmbh, IntellIoT Project,
12:30 – 12:55
- AR+VR for remote control over Tactile Internet
Cristina Escribano, NOKIA, iNGENIOUS Project
- Use of Tactile Internet and Augmented Reality in the Construction Industry
Piotr Dymarski, Mostostal, ASSIST-IoT Project
- Designing IoT-powered XR services and applications towards a Tactile Internet
Stavroula Bourou, Synelixis Solutions SA, IoT-NGIN Project
- Cross-layer framework for tactile applications
Ahmad Nimr, TU Dresden, iNGENIOUS Project
14:10 – 14:25
- Questions & Answers from Participants
14:25 – 14:30
- Conclusions & Workshop Closing