- This event has passed.
EU-IoT IDEAthon/Hackathon 2021/22
June 27 - June 28
The EU-IoT Hackathon focuses on “sustainable next generation IoT applications”. We invite you to bring your ideas and to develop solutions that address IoT skills training, IoT sustainable business models, IoT novel technical solutions in the context of 6 challenge domains: IoT interfaces, far Edge, near Edge, infrastructure, and also: a specific challenge domain of the European Factory Platform (EFPF), with focus on manufacturing. It will take place between 27th-29th June 2022, in Munich (Germany). The hackathon is co-located with CONASENSE2022.
The aim of the EU-IoT Hackathon is to disseminate new business ideas, experiments and prototypes as first step to best support next generation sustainable IoT solutions.
The teams shall have the opportunity to develop their ideas within an international flagship environment being mentored by several international experts from the Next Generation IoT (NGIoT) community and being in contact with NGIoT community flagship events.
Types of projects
- Technical projects: where the focus is on the development of a technical solution to address the challenge. The outcome shall be provided in the form of open-source code to be uploaded to the EU-IoT Hackathon git repository.
- Training skills projects: where the focus is on the development of a training tool to be available online which addresses the specific proposed challenge. Outcome can be: a Web-based training tool; a Tutorial (e.g., PowerPoint, video), etc.
- Prototype Business/Design ideas: where the focus is on the development of a business framework for an IoT solution.
- Team registration and challenge selection: 15.05.2022
- EU-IoT Hackathon preparation event (online): 30.05.2022
- Hackathon: 27th-29th June 2022, co-located with the CONASENSE 2022 symposium in Munich, Germany
- EU-IoT Challenges Award – UnternehmerTUM Makerspace Award – first prize. Corresponds to 1-year membership for incubation in the UnternehmerTUM Makerspace in Munich for the best project overall, across all domains and project categories.
- EU-IoT Challenges Award – IoT Week 2023 Ticket – second prize. One free registration for 1 person of a team, full programme of the IoT Week 2023.
- EU-IoT Challenges Award IoT-starter kit – All winning teams (3). IoT starter kit provided to each team member of the 3 winning teams.
- EFPF Challenges Award – 1st prize. 1 smartphone valued at 600 Euros.
- EFPF Challenges Award – 2nd prize. Smart home kit valued at 300 Euros.
- EFPF Challenges Award – 3rd prize. IoT starter kit valued at 200 Euros
- EFPF Challenges Award – 4th prize. IoT starter it valued at 100 Euros.
- UNIVESP Awards (Brazil): Awards are provided locally by UNIVESP and are under definition.
Join us in Slack!: https://eu-iot-hackathon.slack.com/
- fortiss GmbH (Mitula Donga, Rute C. Sofia); UnternhemerTUM Makerspace GmbH (Florian Küster)
- EU-IoT Committee: Rute Sofia (fortiss), Lamprini Kolovou (Martel); John Soldatos (Intracom); Mirko Presser (Aarhus University); Brendan Rowan (Bluspecs)
- EFPF Committee: Mitula Donga (fortiss), Alexandros Nizami (ITI-CERTH), Florian Jasche (Fraunhofer FIT), Ingo Martens (Hanse Aerospace); Carlos Coutinho (Caixa Mágica), Usman Wajid (Information Catalyst)
- UNIVESP Committee (Brazil pole): Ricardo Edgard Caceffo (UNIVESP); Rodolfo Jardim de Azevedo (UNIVESP); Higor Amario de Souza (UNIVESP)
This Hackathon is partially supported by the H2020 projects EFPF (co-funded by the Horizon2020 Program of the European Commission. Grant Agreement number 825075) and EU-IoT (co-funded by the Horizon 2020 Programme of the European Commission, Grant Agreement number 956671)