NGIoT Thematic workshop series on IoT and Edge Computing
This workshop on Health and Care is part of a thematic workshop series on IoT and Edge computing, organised by the NGIoT and EU-IoT Coordination and Support Actions in collaboration with the European Commission and relevant associations, networks, and projects.
In spring 2021, NGIoT workshops are dedicated to IoT and Edge computing in 6 key application domains: Smart Cities & Communities; Agrifood and rural communities (30 March); manufacturing (27 April); energy and health (18 May).
IoT and Edge computing: Health & Care
The afternoon of 18 May will be dedicated to presentations and discussions in the domain of smart health.
The purpose of this half-day workshop is to:
- identify research, innovation and deployment priorities;
- identify trends and gaps related to the uptake of IoT and addressing convergence of IoT with other technologies, specifically, the current shift from cloud to edge in the domain of health and care;
- address challenges that cut across the verticals and to provide a platform for discussion and exchange of learnings and use cases;
- mobilise communities around the identified solutions and the upcoming calls under the Horizon Europe and Digital Europe Programme.
Hosted by NGIoT with ARTEMIS-IA, AIoTI, EU-IoT, OpenDEI, European Connected Health Alliance, SITRA and the European Commission
Moderator: Sebastien Ziegler, Mandat International, NGIoT partner
Discussant: John Soldatos (MB) tbc
13:30 –14:00 Welcome
- Martin Brynskov
NGIoT coordinator, Prof. Aarhus University, DITCOM
- Rolf Riemenschneider
Head of Sector, IoT, European Commission
14:00 – 15:45 Part I: Strategic Agendas and Positions
New concepts in Smart Health & Care
- Speakers TBC
Edge Node use cases for health & care
- Speakers TBC
15:45 – 16:15 Part II Visions and Statements
- Short (2-minute) pitches from the audience (submit your own and see other statements here).
- Open discussion
16:15 – 16:30 Next steps: Roadmap
- Upcoming Horizon Europe and Digital Europe work programmes.
NGIoT invites European industry and the public sector to reflect on the results from the NGIoT workshops and convey their position or provide spontaneous feedback on the role of IoT in health & care with a focus on the convergence of technologies, as between IoT and Edge computing. We collect vision statements through our website:
Feedback could be provided orally or through quote and/or expression of interest in supporting the future strategic discussion on Edge Computing at the European level.