On 23 February 2022, NGIoT organised a webinar to present the project’s final recommendation summarised in the “IoT research, innovation and deployment priorities in the EU White Paper”.
The priorities and the linked roadmap were built based on the aligned work inputs from NGIoT different work packages and tasks, including the outcomes of the various stakeholder engagements, such as the series of workshops on IoT and Edge computing, and workshops addressing other relevant themes, the NGIoT Strategy Board, surveys, and a series of in depth interviews with industry representatives.
Key priorities are classified into “Economic and Societal priorities”, “Research, Innovation and Deployment” and “Strategic” priorities, as identified by several stakeholders along with the Roadmap development. Industry-specific priorities gathered from the latest workshops are also described to derive the specific recommendations for the different European research, innovation and deployment programmes.
Agenda of the webinar:
- Welcome – Martin Brynskov, Aarhus University & NGIoT
- NGIoT roadmap in a policy context – Svetoslav Mihaylov, DG Connect, European Commission (download the presentation)
- Presentation NGIoT roadmap, key recommendations – Francisco Molina Castro, Archimede Solutions & NGIoT (download the presentation)
- Panel 1 – IoT and emerging technologies: future perspectives – John Soldatos, IntraSoft & EU IoT; Frédéric Desbiens, Eclipse Foundation; Rute Sofia, fortiss; Jan Höller, Ericsson; Federico M. Facca, Martel innovate & NGIoT
- Panel 2 – IoT in key domains: Energy, Smart Cities and Communities and Agrifood – Natalie Samovich, AIoTI; Albert Seubers, ATOS, George Beers, Wageningen University
- Future look – Monique Calisti, Martel innovate, EU-IoT (download the presentation)
- Closing remarks – Martin Brynskov, Aarhus University & NGIoT
Recording of the webinar: