The Next-Generation IoT and Edge Computing Strategy Forum is a strategic webinar hosted by the European Commission, which will take place virtually on 22 April 2021, 9:30 – 16:30h CEST.
The aim of the event is to gather top technology experts from across several digital and vertical domains, as well as corporate-strategy level representatives to exchange views on priorities, challenges and opportunities, and establish a commonly shared strategic European vision for the next-generation IoT and (far) edge computing.
Questions addressed during the meeting amongst others will be:
- How can Europe exploit its strengths in important industrial sectors in order to position itself well on the next generation of the IoT and edge computing?
- What are the most important trends and emerging concepts to drive the developments of open platforms for the IoT and edge computing?
- How can European actors compete with global players in the emerging Cloud-to-Edge-to-IoT ecosystem? How can collaboration between European digital and industrial actors be strengthened?
The Next-Generation IoT and Edge Computing Strategy Forum will be an opportunity to:
- Contribute to the shaping of Europe’s strategy for the Next-Generation IoT and Edge Computing.
- Meet and exchange views with an exclusive group of high-level actors in the fields of data, cloud, electronic components and systems, mobile communications as well as stakeholders from relevant verticals and associations.
The event is organised by the European Commission in collaboration with the Horizon 2020 EU-IoT project.